VALEIRA Design Director Embarks on eCommerce Venture for Rapper Nelly
1.4.2015 | VALEIRA Design Director, Jared Ferreira has recently been brought on-board of Vatterott Education Centers to lead the design and development of a website, ecommerce venture by hip-hop superstar Nelly. Nelly is best known for songs such as E.I., Country Grammer, Ride With Me, Batter Up, Numba One along with his BET hit show “Nellyville”.
The website will serve as a central area for students of Nelly’s Extreme Institute, an audio engineering college in Missouri. The website will allow students to:
- Create an account on the website;
- Sell beats that they make in class online;
- Earn extra money while still in school;
- Give them a sense of entrepreneurship; and
- Provide real world experience to strategically brand and price their music.
“The website needs to be perfect in every which way. Security needs to be on-point, payments need to be seamless and the experience for sellers and buyers needs to be as easy as possible,” says Ferreira. The features of the website include:
- A Publicly Accessible eCommerce Platform;
- Mobile Accessible;
- Account Creation by Students;
- Preview, Rate and Share Music that is listed by Students;
- Content Management System for Students to house all of their content they sell;
- Automatic Payments to Students every month for the material they sold;
- Scheduled Sales Reports to Institute Managers; and
- And much, much more!
The project will be completed in the first quarter of 2015. You can see the website at SoundofEx.com.